"DNF Package Management" post submitted for review on fedoramagazine

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:04:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 06:54:43PM +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> On 09/15/2015 06:27 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> >On Mon, 2015-09-14 at 15:57 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >>OK, I've done so.  Ryan, can you check the featured image, and then
> >>schedule for posting?
> >I'd created a featured image, but I didn't know the correct dimensions
> >and things so it may need to be tweaked. :/
> >

> Just tweaked the featured image based on your design. I am currently also
> working on a howto that also documents the best format for the featured
> images so you wont have to guess next time :)
>
> I also changed the title to "Managing packages on Fedora with DNF", which
> IMO is better than what was there, but still not perfect -- feel free to
> change it if you have a better, catchier idea.
>
> Other than that, this one is ready to go -- i reckon sometime this morning
> (10am-ish) US EST is the way to go.

At the risk of getting way off our schedule, I went ahead and pushed
this just now.  I know that's not perfect, but I didn't see this post
until later in the day and didn't want to lose our planned schedule of
three posts this week.  If this was a goof, all the blame falls on me!

In an effort to build that groove... we have two pending posts for
this week still:

* Finding out if a newer version of a package is coming for Fedora
  * Any editing still needed?
  * Needs a featured image
  * Was due for publication today, suggest we move to Wednesday UTC
    0700 (3:00am US-Eastern) or so

* Ibus Typing Booster
  * Needs a featured image
  * Already edited, should be ready for publication Thursday as planned

Ryan, are you OK to do those images and publish?  Is there another
publisher that could help if needed?