"DNF Package Management" post submitted for review on fedoramagazine

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 07:21:19 UTC 2015

On 09/16/2015 05:04 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 06:54:43PM +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
>>> I'd created a featured image, but I didn't know the correct dimensions
>>> and things so it may need to be tweaked. :/
>>>

>> Just tweaked the featured image based on your design. I am currently also
>> working on a howto that also documents the best format for the featured
>> images so you wont have to guess next time :)
>>
>> I also changed the title to "Managing packages on Fedora with DNF", which
>> IMO is better than what was there, but still not perfect -- feel free to
>> change it if you have a better, catchier idea.
>>
>> Other than that, this one is ready to go -- i reckon sometime this morning
>> (10am-ish) US EST is the way to go.
> At the risk of getting way off our schedule, I went ahead and pushed
> this just now.  I know that's not perfect, but I didn't see this post
> until later in the day and didn't want to lose our planned schedule of
> three posts this week.  If this was a goof, all the blame falls on me!
>
> In an effort to build that groove... we have two pending posts for
> this week still:
>
> * Finding out if a newer version of a package is coming for Fedora
>    * Any editing still needed?
>    * Needs a featured image
>    * Was due for publication today, suggest we move to Wednesday UTC
>      0700 (3:00am US-Eastern) or so
>
> * Ibus Typing Booster
>    * Needs a featured image
>    * Already edited, should be ready for publication Thursday as planned
>
> Ryan, are you OK to do those images and publish?  Is there another
> publisher that could help if needed?

For sure!

I have done the featured images for Ibus typing booster and New Packages
articles and uploaded them to the git repo, and also attached them to
the articles.

Also have published and publicized the ibus typing booster article -- I
thought this was the one we wanted to post today but i got a bit
confused -- we can publish the new packages one tomorrow.

cheers,
ryanlerch