Fedora Magazine: Interested in being an Author

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Sun Sep 20 23:19:32 UTC 2015

On 09/20/2015 07:18 AM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Justin and I have been a Fedora user for a few years now. I
> am currently a student at the Rochester Institute of Technology, and I
> was interested in looking into the possibility of contributing writing
> to the Fedora Magazine.
>
> Some of my ideas for how I might be able to contribute are with
> articles targeted towards college students and how they can use Fedora
> and the software available for Fedora to accomplish everyday tasks or
> have fun playing with their system.
>
> I am very interested in contributing towards the Magazine, and I look
> forward to hearing a response soon! Thanks for your time.

Welcome Justin!

This kind of content would be perfect for the magazine! The best way to
start writing for the magazine is to propose a pitch (or many pitches :)
). WE ask people to do this just to be sure that the content is suitable
for the magazine before the whole post is written.

All a pitch is is a paragraph outlining the synopsis of your post, and
the base target audience. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a
clear outline of your proposed post.

All you need to do is create a post in our Wordpress instance, and write
your pitch in there. If you already have a Fedora FAS account, you can
log into the magazine with that using these instructions --
http://fedoramagazine.org/logging-into-fedora-magazine-with-fas/

Once you have logged in, ping this thread back and an editor can jump on
and grant you write access, and then you will be able to post your pitch.

WE have a weekly IRC meeting on Thursday evenings where we go through
all the pitches, and you are welcome to attend that too.

cheers, and welcome to the magazine!
--ryanlerch