Streaming live from conferences

Lord Drachenblut lord.drachenblut at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:41:49 UTC 2016

Sounds good to me.  I can handle making changes on the backend before the
event for people who wish to do live streaming and changing the key between
events.

Next question would be how do we handle the requests for access?  Can a
ticketing system for that be setup in TRAC that sends me alerts be setup or
do we need to handle this some other way?

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016, 9:50 AM Justin W. Flory <jflory7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/04/2016 12:02 AM, Lord Drachenblut wrote:
> > Greetings all.
> >
> > During the course of streaming live from the Fedora booth at SCALE14x I
> > was contacted by another ambassador wishing to replicate the experience
> > at SELF.  Which brings up how do we want to handle giving people access
> > to the streaming key for YouTube.  I'm uncertain if we can add people as
> > managers to that channel which would also give them access to the
> > ability to stream live.
> >
> > One way it can be handled is by simply giving them the key, which can be
> > reset after the event if need be.
> >
> > I really want to enable any community member to be able to live stream
> > from a event they are at but want to have some plans in place for how to
> > handle granting access to the stream key, needed by applications such as
> > obsproject.com <http://obsproject.com> to stream to YouTube, and
> > possibly how to handle granting access to the YouTube back end interface.
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Personally, I feel like the best way to go about doing it is with the
> method you suggested, by resetting the API key for streaming after each
> event. Since we aren't really using the streaming on a regular basis at
> by a single location / group, I don't see much of an issue with
> resetting it for each event.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Justin W. Flory