[Magazine] "Gimp – A fast overview" status check

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 22:33:15 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 09:10:31AM -0300, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
> I thought I already answered this...
> But just in case, I added another and some info.

Hi Sylvia, we discussed the GIMP article idea in the meeting this
evening and had some ideas for it.

Rather than go through menus, make the article more high level.  Talk
about some purposes for which a user might run GIMP.  I can think of
several:

  1. Retouching photos
  2. Making quick banners wiht text effects
  3. Exact resizing or cropping of pictures
  4. Converting graphics formats
  5. Painting freehand

There may be others too.  You don't have to explain how to use GIMP
for each of these.  Instead, just listing each purpose, and maybe
mentioning one or two tools in GIMP that help.  Screenshots for each
aren't necessary, maybe one or two would be enough.

What do you think?