Self introduction

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:31:54 UTC 2016

Il giorno mer, 06/01/2016 alle 23.29 +0800, Huiren Woo ha scritto:
> Hi, my name is Woo Huiren and I live in Singapore. FOSS and OSS is
> not very popular here, and proprietary software (Micro$oft, Ci$co)
> dominates our country.
>
> My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is Woohuiren, and my IRC is
> GIANT_CRAB. I'm currently a Fedora Ambassador but I would like to
> participate in more collaborative marketing efforts and learn more
> about Fedora's marketing team.
>
> Why Fedora? I joined Fedora because I was very impressed with its
> innovation and cutting edge technology. (I love being on the bleeding
> edge) Currently, I run Fedora on most of my servers while CentOS on
> the remaining. For my laptops/workstation, I don't have a Fedora
> setup yet but I'll get started on that soon, probably Wine is needed
> as my school requires me to use Micro$oft software.
>
> What do I do? I am a web developer who is currently pursuing a
> Diploma in IT, with a major in Infocomm Sales and Marketing. I enjoy
> blogging and web design. I also tweet on Twitter (@woohuiren) about
> Fedora related things. Please don't mind my fairly bad attempts at
> promoting Fedora; still trying to learn hahaha.
>
> I hope to spread Fedora and promote the use of FOSS and OSS.
>
> Please help me get started and I look forward to working with y'all.
>
> Best Regards,
> Woo Huiren

Hi, I'm Gabriele and I'm happy to see you'd like join us.

I'm pretty sure you also gave a peek to our main page[1].
We have tasks on which we're working on [2] and we manage the Fedora
Magazine as well [3].

If you wanna start writing posts, please read the wikipage on how to
post [4] and be sure your proposal will be accepted attending the
weekly editorial meetings [5].

If you wanna work on other mktg stuff, take a peek to the tasks and
roles [6] or to the tickets still open [7] or to the wiki cleanup tasks
[8]

For any issue or request Our IRC channel is #fedora-mktg on freenode.

Greetings.

Gabri

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing.
[2]