Self-Introduction: Beau Mathieson

charles profitt fedora at cprofitt.com
Thu Jan 7 03:26:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-01-07 at 13:00 +1100, Beau Mathieson wrote:
> Hi, my name is Beau Mathieson and I live in Australia. My Fedora
> Account System (FAS) username is bmathieson, and my IRC handle is
> bmathieson
>
> I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through Online research and
> my deep interest in Red Hat, and am interested in joining because I
> intend on assisting the Fedora Project by creating awareness of the
> operating system to the public.
>
> This is the first FOSS project I have worked on and I'm excited that
> its with Fedora
>
> This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!
>
> My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
>
>     (Marketing Skills) - Online Marketing, Advertising
>     (Other Skills) - Junior Leadership, Team Work, Journalism
>     I'd also like to learn Publishing, Community Driven Projects,
> Networking, Business Management.

It is exciting to hear you have some experience with Journalism.

Gabriele replied to someone earlier today with a fantastic list of
resources.

I'm pretty sure you also gave a peek to our main page[1].
We have tasks on which we're working on [2] and we manage the Fedora
Magazine as well [3].

If you wanna start writing posts, please read the wikipage on how to
post [4] and be sure your proposal will be accepted attending the
weekly editorial meetings [5].

If you wanna work on other mktg stuff, take a peek to the tasks and
roles [6] or to the tickets still open [7] or to the wiki cleanup tasks
[8]

For any issue or request Our IRC channel is #fedora-mktg on freenode.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing.
[2]
https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-24/f-24-marketing-tasks.html

[3] https://fedoraproject.oerg/wiki/Magazine