Social Media Strategy

Beau Mathieson personal at beaumathieson.org
Fri Jan 8 05:28:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have noticed that our primary Facebook and Twitter accounts are
gearing their content more toward a user who has technical knowledge or
is already a user of Fedora. Content about systemd, python, elections,
etc aren't going to draw in potential users of a non technical
background or one who has never used any Linux operating system before.
I believe it's best to keep that content to the magazine and use social
media to draw potential users in. Maybe we should use social media to
target the everyday user. By doing that we could gain a lot more users
and potential contributors and maybe we could even gain more of a stake
in the market. We have a chance to do something amazing!

Kind regards,
Beau Mathieson