Self-Introduction: Beau Mathieson

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:55:50 UTC 2016

On 01/06/2016 09:00 PM, Beau Mathieson wrote:
> Hi, my name is Beau Mathieson and I live in Australia. My Fedora
> Account System (FAS) username is bmathieson, and my IRC handle is
> bmathieson
>
> I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through Online research and
> my deep interest in Red Hat, and am interested in joining because I
> intend on assisting the Fedora Project by creating awareness of the
> operating system to the public.
>
> This is the first FOSS project I have worked on and I'm excited that
> its with Fedora
>
> This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!
>
> My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
>
>      (Marketing Skills) - Online Marketing, Advertising
>      (Other Skills) - Junior Leadership, Team Work, Journalism
>      I'd also like to learn Publishing, Community Driven Projects,
> Networking, Business Management.
>
> When I'm not working on Fedora, I am studying my Preliminary HSC (High
> School Certificate) in Australia.
>
> A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are spread Fedora and
> empower current and future generations. I would also like to see many
> educational and public sector facilities switching to open source
> operating systems like Fedora and RHEL as opposed to proprietary
> systems.
>
> I am wondering about long term marketing projects.
>
> In terms of marketing skills, I am being mentored by a teacher of mine
> who has a background in marketing.
>
> Please help me get started!
>
> Thank you,
> Beau Mathieson

Hi Beau, welcome to Fedora Marketing! We're glad to have you aboard. :)
Now we'll have two Australians!

Charles already linked a lot of great resources in his reply, and those
should help give you a good grasp of some of the things that Marketing
is working on. Were you wanting to assist with the regular Marketing
tasks, writing articles for Fedora Magazine, or both?

Keep on the watch for a email about rebooting our 2016 meetings - I've
been meaning to get that out this week, hopefully later today.

Again, welcome to the team!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory