Article Idea: Email Clients in Fedora

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 19:03:11 UTC 2016

On 01/14/2016 05:24 PM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> I've translated the article. It's currently saved as "pending review". The text definitely needs proof reading. I'd also like to ask for help with screenshots. All original screenshots I made are with Czech localization. It would take me quite some time to set up all clients again and it always looks more natural if the app is really used. Is here anyone who is using any of the clients and could do a screenshot for me (for the sake of consistence they should all use the default Adwaita theme and there should be borders with wallpapers, screenshots looks better with that than with just a window).
>
> I added a featured picture from the original article as a placeholder. It could be used, but it's just my amateur effort, I'm pretty sure Ryan or anyone else of the Fedora design team can make something much better.
>
> I've also been thinking about adding a note with a Fedora contributor who uses that particular client saying why it's her/his choice. What do you think about this idea? That would put faces to our software and show that Fedora contributors use software from Fedora. I already have some candidates from the voting at G+: Evolution is used by Peter Robinson, Thunderbird by Christoph Wickert, Geary by Jakub Steiner, Kmail by Dan Vratil, Mutt by Harish Pillay or Petr Sabata. I haven't found anyone with Alpine and Claws Mail.

Excellent, thanks Jiri! I can get to proofreading the article today and
making sure everything is ready to go.

As for screenshots, I can contribute a screenshot from Thunderbird if
it's still needed. I know this email is a few days old so I'm not sure
if you already got one elsewhere - if not, let me know and I can grab
one and add it to the article.

I love the idea of interviewing contributors of Fedora and asking them
why they use that client. It definitely does add a face to our software
and adds a unique perspective to each client too. +1 to this!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com