Banner and design series

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:14:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 04:12:48PM -0200, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
> OK, that banner looks incredibly boring to me  but I'll see what I can do.
> Meanwhile, I'll finish the introduction article and leave it to others for
> review.

I would agree that banner is probably a bad stylistic match for a
series on design tools. :-)

Perhaps it's possible to have something more playful, but still allow
text to help advertise the content.  Ideally, we could slightly alter
the design for each article, so they would feel connected.

What about using a mask, similar to how this banner does?

https://fedoramagazine.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2015-review-pre-945x400.jpg

Perhaps a "porthole" that peeks in at some more vibrant art, but with
the text label off to the side?