Marketing materials for Python events

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 1 18:55:13 UTC 2016

> Hi,
> as Matthew announced at DevConf.cz our primary marketing focus for this
> year are Python developers.
> In EMEA, we've reacted and increased the number of Python events in the
> list of planned events (several PyCons, planning to be at EuroPython
> again...), but I realized we're not ready for that at all, or at least
> I'm not aware of anything.
>
> We have no marketing materials. Miro created a "Fedora loves Python"
> sticker for Python CZ, but that's all we have in EMEA. Today, we were
> offered an opportunity to add our swag in conference bags at PyCon SK,
> but we don't have anything usable. Something like a flyer that explains
> why Fedora is the right system for a Python developer would be great.
>
> And it's not only about marketing materials, ambassadors should get
> instructions what to show Python developers, so that it won't end up
> like showcasing a la "hey, Fedora is cool, it has Firefox,
> LibreOffice,... and look it has windows just like Windows or Mac". So
> we would definitely need at least some talking points.
>
> Is it something that is already being worked on or we have to start it?
> If we spend a sizable amount of money to send people to Python
> conferences, we should get maximum out of it.
>
> Jiri

I'd emphasize the following:
* our rich set of python packages
* python is pervasive in Fedora: a lot of our tooling, our
infrastructure runs python
* showcase our infrastructure apps as they pretty much shows up what
we can do on Fedora
* interviewing python developers using Fedora as role models
* Fedora Atomic as a new way to host your applications

Most developers are sensitive on showing them how Fedora can improve
their workflow and deployment.
Last year at EuroPython, people were sensitive to Project Atomic (I
submitted a new talk this year on that topic).

Regards,
H.