Self-Introduction: James Bishop

James Bishop james at jamesbishop.ca
Wed Mar 2 20:20:19 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

My name is James, and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada (AST). My FAS
username is jamesbishopca, and my IRC username is the_jza. I am
currently a student of marketing and I am set to graduate within the
next couple of months, so I thought the marketing team would be a great
fit. Outside of class, I am a web developer, where I work primarily
with Wordpress and Python.

I have been a user and advocate of Open Source software for more than
15 years, but this is the first time I have formally participated in an
Open Source project. I am looking to move past being a passive consumer
of Open Source software and would like to do my part to help make the
projects I love the best that they can be. I am also a huge proponent
of small business, and would love to see Open Source help
entrepreneurs, especially those just starting out.

The skills I bring to the table are as follows:
	Marketing - Marketing Research, Internet Marketing, and Writing
	Web Development - Python/Flask, Wordpress, MongoDB, and MySQL

Some things I would like to do are promote the use of Fedora and other
Open Source software within my local community, especially among
students and small businesses. I'm also interested in marketing
research. That being said, I am willing to help out in any way I can.

If anyone has advice on some tasks I can get started with, please let
me know.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards,
James