Self-Introduction: James Bishop

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 2 20:41:00 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 04:20:19PM -0400, James Bishop wrote:
> My name is James, and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada (AST). My FAS

Hi James, and welcome!

[...]
> The skills I bring to the table are as follows:
> 	Marketing - Marketing Research, Internet Marketing, and Writing
> 	Web Development - Python/Flask, Wordpress, MongoDB, and MySQL
> Some things I would like to do are promote the use of Fedora and other
> Open Source software within my local community, especially among
> students and small businesses. I'm also interested in marketing
> research. That being said, I am willing to help out in any way I can.

One thing we've been talking about recently is making attracting Python
developers a 2016 marketing priority. This fits well with Fedora
Workstation's developer target audience¹, and also fits nicely with
Fedora since we use Python heavily in our infrastructure and generally
have a lot of Python expertise on the engineering side.

But, we don't have much by way of market research. I'd really love to
build that up — what problems _could_ was solve for Python developers
looking for a desktop OS or a deploy platform?

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Workstation_PRD#Target_Audience

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>