[Marketing] Marketing-trac: #145: Fedora 20 "in the news" articles

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 17:39:34 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 11:12 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> I'm puzzled by this activity. This looks ... unnecessary? Why are we
> going back and creating activity on closed tickets for things from
> Fedora 20? (AKA - why is my inbox flooded with Trac tickets today?)

I forgot when going through the Trac that *all* Trac activity is emailed
to the Marketing list as a whole. I was cleaning up metadata with
tickets marked as "Open", which as I interpreted it, are tickets that
would be in-progress or have not been reviewed yet. It was mostly
supposed to be cleaning / tidying that wasn't supposed to be broadcasted
out in the form of 20+ emails.

Perhaps we could see if Trac email notifications can be limited to
*only* new tickets? I feel like broadcasting every new activity in the
Marketing Trac creates a little bit too much noise, even with last night
aside.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory