[Marketing] [Magazine] Weekly Meeting Recap 2016-03-10

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 00:35:16 UTC 2016

Meeting ended Thu Mar 10 23:04:34 2016 UTC.
Minutes:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-03-10/magazine.2016-03-10-22.00.html
Minutes (text):
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-03-10/magazine.2016-03-10-22.00.txt
Log:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-03-10/magazine.2016-03-10-22.00.log.html

* * * * *

#fedora-meeting: Magazine editorial board

Meeting started by stickster at 22:00:11 UTC. The full logs are
available at
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-03-10/magazine.2016-03-10-22.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (stickster, 22:00:14)

* Last week review  (stickster, 22:05:50)
   * jflory7 didn't get Wednesday's article edited in time "Project
     Remote Dependency Solving"  (jflory7, 22:06:50)

* Pending Review posts  (stickster, 22:10:43)
   * == Project Remote Dependency Solving ==  (stickster, 22:10:51)
   * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=12113&preview=true   (stickster,
     22:11:03)
   * jflory7 still has the editing baton  (stickster, 22:11:16)
   * ACTION: jflory7 Get "Project Remote Dependency Solving" edited and
     reviewed by Tuesday evening, schedule for Wednesday, 2016-03-16 @
     8:00 UTC  (jflory7, 22:16:41)
   * ACTION: ryanlerch do featured image for remote dep solving articele
     (stickster, 22:17:50)
   * == Installing another desktop ==  (stickster, 22:18:20)
   * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=11395&preview=true   (stickster,
     22:18:32)
   * ACTION: stickster edit MATE article and make featured image for
     publication  (stickster, 22:21:36)

* Drafts  (stickster, 22:22:37)
   * == Owncloud in Fedora ==  (stickster, 22:23:54)
   * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=12193&preview=true   (stickster,
     22:23:58)
   * ACTION: linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots
     |short video for OwnCloud article for Friday  (linuxmodder,
     22:28:45)
   * ACTION: linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots
     |short video for OwnCloud article for Friday  (linuxmodder,
     22:28:59)
   * ACTION: stickster Edit Owncloud article by next Wed 2016-Mar-16
     (stickster, 22:30:37)
   * AGREED: jhogarth will get one or two screenshots for the ownCloud
     article by Wednesday; a 30 second video sample will be extra and can
     be embedded in for the article if we have it ready to go  (jflory7,
     22:35:12)
   * ACTION: jhogarth Get one or two screenshots for ownCloud article by
     Wednesday, 2016-03-16  (jflory7, 22:35:42)
   * == Gimp – A fast overview ==  (jflory7, 22:38:02)
   * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=11874&preview=true   (jflory7,
     22:38:07)
   * AGREED: Sylvia just finished the MATE article, so this article is
     still in progress. We will check in next week and see if it's ready
     to move forward.  (jflory7, 22:42:05)
   * == Protect your privacy with OpenVPN ==  (jflory7, 22:42:19)
   * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=10253&preview=true   (jflory7,
     22:42:25)
   * AGREED: puiterwijk will work on this article during the next week
     and add the technical aspect to setting up the client and server in
     Fedora; to be completed at the latest by 2016-03-20  (jflory7,
     22:45:22)
   * ACTION: puiterwijk Work on OpenVPN article for target completion
     date of 2016-03-20 for a publication of 2016-03-21  (jflory7,
     22:45:54)

* Pitches  (jflory7, 22:47:22)
   * == FOSSASIA 2016: Singapore ==  (jflory7, 22:47:43)
   * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=12178&preview=true   (jflory7,
     22:47:46)
   * AGREED: Ask woohuiren about moving this article to the Community
     Blog and publishing there; content length is more ideal for
     Community Blog and also is definitely an article about what our
     Ambassador community in APAC is up to :)  (jflory7, 22:53:21)
   * == Using the Files app series ==  (jflory7, 22:53:58)
   * LINK: https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=12091&preview=true   (jflory7,
     22:54:02)
   * Already approved this series last week; waiting to begin drafting
     this or if anyone is looking for an easy article to pick up, this is
     your lucky day!  (jflory7, 22:54:26)
   * IDEA: WEEK OF 2016-03-21: BrickHack 2016 event report summary on the
     Magazine, will serve as a pointer post to the full event report on
     the Community Blog  (jflory7, 22:55:50)
   * IDEA: WEEK OF 2016-03-21: "The Black Box" nuclear number random
     generator by RIT student; interview and project overview, lesson on
     open source development  (jflory7, 22:56:52)
   * LINK: http://brendan-w.com/rng   (jflory7, 22:56:53)
   * IDEA: WEEK OF 2016-03-21: GSoC 2016 dual post on the Community Blog
     and Fedora Magazine announcing Fedora's participation in the 2016
     cycle ("Apply now, get involved with Fedora, get paid working on
     FOSS!")  (jflory7, 22:59:25)
   * IDEA: WEEK OF 2016-03-21: Interview with Jonathan Dieter, school
     teacher in Lebanon using Fedora to power their schools, curriculum,
     and more. Good example of how Fedora is being used in K-12 teaching
     all over the world!  (jflory7, 23:00:50)

* Open Floor  (jflory7, 23:01:58)

Meeting ended at 23:04:34 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* jflory7 Get "Project Remote Dependency Solving" edited and reviewed by
   Tuesday evening, schedule for Wednesday, 2016-03-16 @ 8:00 UTC
* ryanlerch do featured image for remote dep solving articele
* stickster edit MATE article and make featured image for publication
* linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots |short
   video for OwnCloud article for Friday
* linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots |short
   video for OwnCloud article for Friday
* stickster Edit Owncloud article by next Wed 2016-Mar-16
* jhogarth Get one or two screenshots for ownCloud article by Wednesday,
   2016-03-16
* puiterwijk Work on OpenVPN article for target completion date of
   2016-03-20 for a publication of 2016-03-21

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* jflory7
   * jflory7 Get "Project Remote Dependency Solving" edited and reviewed
     by Tuesday evening, schedule for Wednesday, 2016-03-16 @ 8:00 UTC
* jhogarth
   * linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots |short
     video for OwnCloud article for Friday
   * linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots |short
     video for OwnCloud article for Friday
   * jhogarth Get one or two screenshots for ownCloud article by
     Wednesday, 2016-03-16
* linuxmodder
   * linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots |short
     video for OwnCloud article for Friday
   * linuxmodder  to collaborate with jhogarth  for screenshots |short
     video for OwnCloud article for Friday
* puiterwijk
   * puiterwijk Work on OpenVPN article for target completion date of
     2016-03-20 for a publication of 2016-03-21
* ryanlerch
   * ryanlerch do featured image for remote dep solving articele
* stickster
   * stickster edit MATE article and make featured image for publication
   * stickster Edit Owncloud article by next Wed 2016-Mar-16
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)
* jflory7 (154)