[Marketing] Help Getting Started - Python Talking Points and Meetings

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 12 14:40:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 08:53:35AM -0400, James Bishop wrote:
> 1. After reading through the TRAC, the project that interests me is the
> Python talking points. That said, I'm unsure as to how exactly to go
> about getting involved.

Probably the easiest thing is to start a wiki page and put a basic
outline together, and start collecting ideas there.

> 2. When I sat in on the meeting last Wednesday, I found a lot of the
> commands and procedures to be a little confusing, especially since IRC
> is still quite new to me. Is there a resource available that I can use
> to get up to speed?

Yeah, I found it confusing too. It turns out to not be tooooo hard. The
magic meeting functionality is provided by a "bot" — a script which
watches the channel and reacts when it sees certain patterns. This bot
is called "zodbot", and is based on "meetbot". Zodbot documentation is
at <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zodbot>, and that for MeetBot is at
<https://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot>.

There's also a wiki page at
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_run_a_Fedora_Marketing_meeting>
with some specific guidelines (although I think they need to be updated
-- #startmeeting requires a meeting name now, for example).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>