[Marketing] Self-Introduction: Paul Reynand Magahis

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:44:33 UTC 2016

On 03/12/2016 10:41 AM, Paul Magahis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Paul Reynand Magahis from Philippines and my FAS account is
> "paulreynand". I'm a Fedora user for quite a while now. I've been
> involved in some open source events in the past such as Linux Day and
> Software Freedom Day, doing some technical talks in schools and in other
> local Linux User's Group propagating the good things about open source
> since 2002 until now.
>
> Currently im working as full time Red Hat Instructor in Microgenesis
> Software Inc, one of the RHT Partner in PH.
>
> My goal is to continue to spread the good things about Fedora in our
> country.  I will help them realize that Fedora is the most advance
> community base distro out there and is the future of Enterprise Linux.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Paul Magahis

Hi Paul, and welcome! Sounds like you have a decent amount of experience
under your belt. Off-topic of Marketing specifically, you should look
into the Ambassadors project too for ways you can help represent Fedora
"on the ground". :)

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

As for Marketing, have you seen our Trac site yet? Trac is where we have
"tickets" for all of the different tasks we're actively working on. You
can see some of those tickets here.

     https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/report/3

We also have meetings on Wednesdays at 22:00 UTC (might be 21:00 UTC
this week because of Daylight Savings in the US), where we go through
these tickets as a group.

You can also see the tasks we work on each release cycle at the
following page.

     https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-24/f-24-marketing-tasks.html

I hope this answers some questions about how you can get started! If you
have any further questions, please don't be afraid to ask. :) Welcome to
Marketing once again.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory