[Marketing] [Magazine] Darktable article

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 07:12:49 UTC 2016

On 03/22/2016 10:41 AM, James Bishop wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> After reviewing the GIMP article, I had the idea that I could write a
> similar article for Darktable and was wondering if there was any
> interest. I have a fair bit of experience in this area, having been a
> professional/serious amateur photographer since 2007, and having used a
> wide array of RAW editing software. As for the format, I can see several
> possibilities:
>
> 1. A quick overview of the software.
> 2. Switching to Darktable from a certain popular proprietary option.
> 3. A series of articles looking at different aspects of Darktable
> (library management, RAW editing, etc.).
>
> Let me know what you think.

Hi James! Like everyone else in the thread said, I think this series is
an awesome idea and you've laid a pretty good outline of how the series
would go as well.

The next step I would take is to begin drafting the article inside of
the Fedora Magazine. Consider your idea itself as good as approved. :)
However, you may still find it useful to follow these guidelines for
writing pitches here.

     https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/

You won't need to get approval from us to move on, but even for my own
articles, I still write a "pitch" to organize the ideas in my head and
have a clear, concise road map for how the article will go (useful for
the bigger and complex topics).

Looking forward to seeing what you put out!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com