[Marketing] article "Linux best bets: There's a desktop distro just right for you"

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 24 22:04:59 UTC 2016

For today's round of "analyzing our press coverage", I bring you:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/five-steps-to-picking-the-right-linux-desktop-for-you/

Plus: Includes Fedora as one of 'em.

Plus: Has Fedora for "I'm a developer, not a user!" — that's a
messaging "hit", since developers are the primary target for Fedora
Workstation.

Plus: Nice mention of Spins, without, I think, confusing the overall
message.

Minus: Limits "developers" this to "Linux developers", which is _way_
too narrow.

Minus: Says "If you're not already a Linux expert, or determined to
become one, you shouldn't use Fedora." Ouch — that's also way too
narrow. As the Workstation team says "Developers are people, too."

Confusing: Very next line is "Oh it's not hard to use." .... sooooo,
why shouldn't you use Fedora unless you are determined to be an
expert? This makes no sense to me.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>