[Marketing] [Proposal] Auto-publish CommBlog posts to main @Fedora Twitter Account

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 01:31:17 UTC 2016

On 03/28/2016 03:04 PM, Remy DeCausemaker wrote:

> It has been suggested that we adjust the community blog's jetpack
> plugin to post to the main @Fedora twitter account, so that we are not
> dividing our content. The only possible issue that we have here is
> that there is occasional cross-promotion that occurs between Magazine
> and CommBlog. When we have big announcements--we post pointer or
> wrapper articles between the two. This would create some overlap or
> echo within the twitter feed.
>
> Even with this echo consideration in mind, I would propose to the mktg
> list that we auto-publish posts from the CommBlog to the main @Fedora
> twitter account, now that we've established our readership and
> editorial process a bit further.
>
> This will *significantly* improve the visibility of our contributor
> focused content published on CommBlog, as well as increase the
> frequency of posts to the @Fedora twitter account (roughly 2-10
> articles per week.)
>
> Thank you all for your time and attention to this proposal, and votes
> and discussions are welcome here.

We've had two -1s for auto-posting, so I'd suggest a bit of a modification:

1) Let everything from Community Blog auto-post to @fedoracommunity, but
make the profile clear that's exactly what it is. No effort to build
following there but if it grows organically, spiffy.

2) Explicitly add Community Blog to sources for human-curated content
going to @fedora.

                              # # #

Also, can we get a sound-off on the humans who currently *are* curating
content? It feels a bit wild west to me at the moment, as I'm never
quite sure if there's anybody at the switch on a particular day.

And is anybody tending to @replies to @fedora?

Thanks,

jzb
--