[Marketing] Gimp article for review

Sylvia Sánchez lailahfsf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:23:59 UTC 2016

Hi Ryan!

OK. Let's drop the  "extra menus".  What about mentioning that there's
a lot of extra stuff available (highlighting the very extensible
nature of Gimp)?  Just as a line or two.  I could write one or two
short separated articles for them after this one.
About the search command...  If they don't install the whole bunch or
most of it it's very little what they can do.  The programme works
well and it's awesome with them.  Without the "extra" stuff, isn't
better than any other basic edition programme and it's even below than
many mobile apps.
I don't want people installing it just to say  "This is rubbish, I'm
better with xx in my phone".
Also don't forget that many people look up to Gimp as a substitution
of Photoshop.  It wouldn't be fair with Gimp if it's introduced as a
bare thing, it reinforces the idea of  "Open Source Software isn't
good and can't reach commercial software (closed source) quality".
My thoughts,

Cheers,
Sylvia