[Marketing] April Fool's Article

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:14:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 08:44:07AM -0300, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I like the idea of doing some pranks in that day  (that I don't
> remember which one exactly is).  I think we should throw some ideas to
> the list, and see which one looks best.
> If we can prank on something else but another company better, if not,
> I don't mind to joke on Microsoft as Chaoyi said they have been joking
> on us for a long while.

-1 on this idea.  April Fools Day isn't a global event, for one thing,
so we'd be going over the heads of some folks.  Also satire runs the
risk of poking people in the eye unintentionally, and we shouldn't be
doing that either.  I think this idea has come up multiple times over
the last 13 years and usually shot down for the same reasons.  Let's
leave the April Fools stuff to the snarky outlets.