2012-02-20 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 05:25:35 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120220

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-02-27 at 1600 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120227 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* kparal found that daily installer composes do happen, and
	  RATS is now running daily using them

TOPIC: Fedora 17 Alpha status review
As usual, this became a mini blocker review meeting:

	* #787744 is not an Alpha blocker: it appears to affect PXE
	  boot only, and we don't consider that critical enough to
	  block Alpha
	* #794899 is accepted as NTH, blocker status left undetermined
	  as we are investigating how workaround-able the bug is
	* need more data to determine blocker status of #795164, we
	  should test whether others can reproduce and what keymaps are
	  affected today and re-vote via bug comments

TOPIC: Release criteria & validation test update round-up
	* Now require all installation interfaces to work at final
	* Tweaked the installer bug reporting criterion
	* Dropped efidisk.img test case
	* Added a criterion for memtest to be present
	* Require updates.img from HTTP to work
	* Require checksums to be provided
	* Re-jigged the level of quite a lot of test cases in the
	  validation matrix to properly reflect the criteria
	* Have a big set of new USB boot test cases

Thanks Petr and Josef!

TOPIC: Upcoming QA events
	* Go/No-Go 02/22

TOPIC: AutoQA update
	* rats_install is now up and running daily and reporting
	  results[1]

TOPIC: Open floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS