EMEA ambassadors meeting 2012-02-22 minutes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:26:43 UTC 2012

The first meeting after 4 weeks. I have to admit I'm still somewhat
disappointed that nobody took over my meeting when I was absent. Anyway,
here are the minutes.

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-02-22/emea_ambassadors_meeting_2012-02-22.2012-02-22-20.04.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-02-22/emea_ambassadors_meeting_2012-02-22.2012-02-22-20.04.txt
Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-02-22/emea_ambassadors_meeting_2012-02-22.2012-02-22-20.04.log.html

Meet you again on
        Wednesday, March 7th (two weeks from now)
        at 20:00 UTC
        in #fedora-meeting!

Regards,
Christoph

#fedora-meeting: EMEA Ambassadors meeting 2012-02-22

Meeting started by cwickert at 20:04:01 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-02-22/emea_ambassadors_meeting_2012-02-22.2012-02-22-20.04.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (cwickert, 20:04:31)

* Announcements  (cwickert, 20:11:18)
  * Fedora has been registered as a Project for Linux-Tag Berlin.
    cwickert and twoerner will be event owners  (cwickert, 20:12:18)
  * ACTION: cwickert to send out a mail about Linux-Tag to the mailing
    list  (cwickert, 20:12:37)
  * Red Hat Developer conference took place in Brno. It was a huge
    success as it was the biggest Linux event in Czech ever by the
    number of participants  (cwickert, 20:15:08)
  * ACTION: attendees of devconf to write their event reports
    (cwickert, 20:15:33)

* Events  (cwickert, 20:18:27)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events   (cwickert, 20:18:44)
  * if you know of any events, add them to
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events  (cwickert, 20:20:22)
  * if you are attending CLT and need a hotel room, add yourself to the
    table at
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chemnitzer_Linuxtage_2012#Accomodation
    ASAP. cwickert will take care of the booking then  (cwickert,
    20:23:22)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events   (gnokii, 20:27:36)
  * ACTION: gnokii to fix the 'Events' page and update it with EMEA
    events  (cwickert, 20:33:28)
  * Linuxwochen Wien is looking for talks. For details see
    http://cfp.linuxwochen.at/cfp_wien/  (cwickert, 20:35:42)
  * deadline for call for papers for Linuxwochen Wien is 2012-04-01
    (cwickert, 20:36:37)

* Discussion on FUDCon Bids for FUDCon EMEA 2012  (cwickert, 20:36:51)
  * ACTION: t2hot to register the booth at IDLELO and provide payment
    details to kital  (cwickert, 20:44:53)
  * ACTION: t2hot to file a ticket for swag  (cwickert, 20:45:04)
  * we have 3 FUDCon bids: Budapest, Zurich and Paris  (cwickert,
    20:45:54)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:EMEA_2012_Bid_Budapest
    (cwickert, 20:45:58)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Paris_2012
    (cwickert, 20:46:03)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Zurich_2012
    (cwickert, 20:46:08)

* Action items from previous meetings  (cwickert, 20:54:36)
  * ACTION: t2hot to provide details about payment for sponsoring in the
    trac ticket  (cwickert, 20:56:55)
  * ACTION: zoltanh7211 to create a wiki page about LinuxWochen Vienna
    (cwickert, 20:58:05)

* Open Floor  (cwickert, 20:59:36)

Meeting ended at 21:16:10 UTC.

Action Items
* attendees of devconf to write their event reports
* gnokii to fix the 'Events' page and update it with EMEA events
* t2hot to register the booth at IDLELO and provide payment details to
  kital
* t2hot to file a ticket for swag
* t2hot to provide details about payment for sponsoring in the trac
  ticket
* zoltanh7211 to create a wiki page about LinuxWochen Vienna

Action Items, by person
* gnokii
  * gnokii to fix the 'Events' page and update it with EMEA events
* t2hot
  * t2hot to register the booth at IDLELO and provide payment details to
    kital
  * t2hot to file a ticket for swag
  * t2hot to provide details about payment for sponsoring in the trac
    ticket
* **UNASSIGNED**