FAmSco meeting 2012-07-30 minutes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:12:09 UTC 2012

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-07-30/famsco.2012-07-30-17.01.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-07-30/famsco.2012-07-30-17.01.txt
Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-07-30/famsco.2012-07-30-17.01.log.html

Meet you again next week
        Monday August 6th
        at 17:00 UTC
        in #fedora-meeting-2!

Regards,
Christoph

====================================
#fedora-meeting-2: FAMSCo 2012-07-30
====================================

Meeting started by cwickert at 17:01:54 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-07-30/famsco.2012-07-30-17.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (cwickert, 17:02:27)
  * : 4 people present, more likely to come in a bit  (cwickert,
    17:07:01)

* Announcements  (cwickert, 17:07:14)
  * we are thinking about an all new way of doing FUDCons, see
    http://wordshack.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/the-future-of-fudcons/
    (cwickert, 17:08:15)

* F17 media disaster  (cwickert, 17:18:29)
  * The F17 biarch installation DVD is broken, do not give it out on
    events  (cwickert, 17:19:57)
  * ACTION: sesivany to discuss this multi images with QA. We should
    have one test case which says "boot all menu entries and make sure
    they boot. from there on, things are subject to the individual
    testing of the spins/desktops"  (cwickert, 17:28:58)

* Sponsoring Request - Joerg Simon - Traveling to nullcon Security
  Conference Delhi  (cwickert, 17:30:38)
  * AGREED: #306 is approved  (cwickert, 17:34:42)
  * AGREED: #303 is rejected. We don't pay for personalized items. In
    addition, requests should be filed before spending money  (cwickert,
    18:01:59)
  * ACTION: nb to update #303  (cwickert, 18:02:48)
  * ACTION: cwickert to add the "no personalized items" rule to
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements  (cwickert, 18:03:09)

* Reimbursements for personalized items  (cwickert, 18:12:01)
  * AGREED: Fedora generally does not pay for personalized items.
    Regions can agree on exceptions.  (cwickert, 18:12:25)
  * when you hold a meeting, don't forget to send out the meeting logs
    to ambassadors at lists.fedoraproject.org and
    meetingminutes at lists.fedoraproject.org and add them to
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_meetings  (cwickert, 18:14:07)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-07-23/fedora-meeting-2.2012-07-23-17.01.html
    (cwickert, 18:15:56)
  * when you hold a FAMSCo meeting. make sure to set the name correctly
    with "#meetingname famsco"  (cwickert, 18:16:54)

* Sponsoring event attendees  (cwickert, 18:17:24)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Herlo/Reimbursement_Process
    (cwickert, 18:23:21)

* Budget review guidelines  (cwickert, 18:28:20)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements   (herlo,
    18:40:03)
  * we like food and beer  (nb, 18:57:08)

* Open Floor  (cwickert, 18:57:17)
  * if you need budget for your favorite event, please add a rough
    estimation to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Accounting/DraftFY13
    (cwickert, 19:01:53)

Meeting ended at 19:15:30 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* sesivany to discuss this multi images with QA. We should have one test
  case which says "boot all menu entries and make sure they boot. from
  there on, things are subject to the individual testing of the
  spins/desktops"
* nb to update #303
* cwickert to add the "no personalized items" rule to
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* cwickert
  * cwickert to add the "no personalized items" rule to
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reimbursements
* nb
  * nb to update #303
* sesivany
  * sesivany to discuss this multi images with QA. We should have one
    test case which says "boot all menu entries and make sure they boot.
    from there on, things are subject to the individual testing of the
    spins/desktops"
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)