2012-06-04 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 01:58:25 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120604

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-06-11 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120611 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
N/A

TOPIC: Fedora 18 planning
	* Anaconda new UI:
		+ clumens plans to merge the new anaconda UI into
		  Rawhide as soon as custom partitioning is implemented
		  and broadly works. He estimates one month for that
		+ We don't believe QA can achieve much practical
		  testing until that merge point, but we asked clumens
		  to provide one or two public test images before then
		  so testers can familiarize themselves with the new UI
		+ Key areas of installer that provide much of the
		  testable complexity are repository configuration,
		  storage configuration and bootloader configuration
		+ If newUI lands in anaconda significantly before F18
		  branch point, we will ask releng to do rawhide
		  nightlies until branching
	* Fedora 17 retrospective tasks - Adam will work on this
	* Housekeeping tasks for 16, 17 and 18 cycles - Adam will sync
	  with rbergeron

TOPIC: AutoQA Update
	* No AutoQA news, team still in F17 recovery

TOPIC: Open Floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to review F17 retrospective and come up with an action
	  plan
	* adamw to work with rbergeron to make sure housekeeping gets
	  done for f16/f17/f18
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey