2012-03-12 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 23:09:59 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120312

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-03-19 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120319 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Fedora 17 Beta status
	* Beta TC1 is out and we have a lot of the testing done,
	  blockers are reported
	* TC2 to be fired when changes to bootloader behaviour on
	  upgrade are done (or other unforeseen major changes land)

TOPIC: Test Day report
	* Desktop l10n[1] and OpenStack[2] test days went off last week
	  with apparent success, but none of us managed to be around to
	  watch them
	* rbergeron reports the OpenStack test day was mainly
	  developers and lots of doc polishing, but most of the tests
	  got run and some actual bugs were filed

TOPIC: Upcoming QA events
	* j_dulaney will ensure announcements are sent out for USB 3.0
	  Test Day on 03-13[3] and Desktop i18n Test Day on 03-14[4]
	* kparal has announced[5] GNOME 3 Test Day on 03-15[6]
	* Beta blocker review meeting on Friday 03-16

TOPIC: AutoQA update
	* new release delayed due to bugs caught while in staging, it
	  will go ahead once they're fixed

TOPIC: Open floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to co-ordinate with pjones on grub2 update
	* j_dulaney to ensure announcements are sent for 2012-03-13 and
	  2012-03-14 test days

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-07
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-08_OpenStack_Test_Day
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-13_USB_3.0