2012-10-01 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 01:20:51 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20121001

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-10-08 at 1500 UTC in
#fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20121008 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* "adamw to refine alpha partitioning criterion" - this was
	  done and would be discussed later in the meeting
	* "adamw to draft new partitioning criterion for Beta once we
	  know what will be in anaconda" - this was done and would be
	  discussed later in the meeting
	* "adamw to consider revisions to 'kickstart delivery method'
	  criterion" - not yet done
	* "tflink to ask other interested parties (anaconda team,
	  fesco...) to look over the beta criteria and see if there's
	  anything they feel should be dialled down" - not yet done,
	  tim was waiting for the criteria proposals before sending it
	  out

TOPIC: Release criteria: Partitioning
	* The proposed Alpha criteria were approved without
	  modification
	* The proposed Beta criteria were approved with minor
	  modifications to make the intent clearer and add a
	  requirement that custom partitioning be able to destroy
	  partitions
	* Possible further criteria were discussed, including one
	  covering the re-use of an existing /home partition, but it
	  was agreed to propose this on the mailing list for further
	  revision

TOPIC: Release criteria: Upgrade
	* The proposed criteria were approved, but with the agreement
	  that the use of the word 'or' is ambiguous and should be
	  improved to clarify the meaning
	* To avoid confusion it was agreed that the intent of the
	  criteria is that _all three cases_ for upgrading - minimal
	  package set, GNOME package set, and KDE package set - must
	  work, not just _any one of the three_

TOPIC: Fedora 18 Beta freeze readiness
	* FESCo will be determining this week if the F18 codebase,
	  especially anaconda, is complete enough to enter freeze for
	  Beta, which was planned for 2012-10-09
	* The code for the new upgrade tool was available[3], but it
	  had not had any official release and we did not believe it
	  was yet in a testable state
	* The partitioning code in the latest available anaconda
	  release at time of meeting did not yet support
	  non-destructive automatic partitioning into free space
	* wwoods affirmed that the new upgrade tool would be testable
	  by the freeze deadline
	* dlehman affirmed that the partitioning code would meet the
	  Beta requirements by the freeze deadline
	* We agreed that the state of Fedora 18 as of time of meeting
	  was not good enough to freeze for Beta, but if the upgrade
	  tool was testable and the partitioning code met the Beta
	  requirements by the freeze date, then freezing would be
	  acceptable
	* We agreed to pass this evaluation on to the FESCo ticket[4]

TOPIC: Open Floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to propose a criterion covering basic (not advanced)
	  re-use of /home for Beta

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-October/110494.html
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-October/110512.html
3. http://github.com/wgwoods/fedup