2012-09-24 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 20:43:21 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120924

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-10-01 at 1500 UTC in
#fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20121001 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* "adamw to find out who's writing the release announcement and
	  make sure it calls out the biggest Alpha bugs" - this was
	  done successfully
	* "tflink to draft up a freeze entrance requirements proposal
	  for the list and we can take the idea from there" - tflink
	  still working on quantifying freeze readiness
	* "pschindl to kill 'uncategorized package groups' criterion" -
	  this got done and reported on the list
	* "kparal to refine 'release-blocking package sets' criterion"
	  - this is still going on but it looks like we're pretty close
	* "adamw to refine alpha partitioning criterion" - adam didn't
	  get around to this yet, sorry

TOPIC: Release criteria revision
	* adamw will propose Beta partitioning criteria after
	  discussion with anaconda team
	* tflink and adamw propose to replace the specific upgrade
	  methods listed in the Beta upgrade criterion with the phrase
	  "officially supported upgrade method(s)"
	* We agreed 'all kickstart delivery methods' criterion is
	  possibly overstated, adamw will consider potential changes
	* tflink will ask other potentially interested parties to see
	  if they think any of the Beta criteria need to be changed

TOPIC: Naming of TCs/RCs
	* We still don't have a proposed scheme that everyone loves,
	  but we agree the goal is to come up with a TC/RC naming
	  scheme as unlikely as possible to confuse people about what
	  each build is

TOPIC: Open Floor
	* tflink will be announcing a new release of the blocker bug
	  tracking app (also known as Skynet) shortly

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to refine alpha partitioning criterion
	* adamw to draft new partitioning criterion for Beta once we
	  know what will be in anaconda
	* adamw to consider revisions to 'kickstart delivery method'
	  criterion
	* tflink to ask other interested parties (anaconda team,
	  fesco...) to look over the beta criteria and see if there's
	  anything they feel should be dialled down
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey