2013-07-08 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 06:47:18 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130708

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-07-15 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the
meeting, please add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130715 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Fedora 20 Change validation
         * At last week's meeting jreznik requested validation of at
	  least systemwide Changes for F20: can we do this?
	* After some discussion, it was agreed that we cannot commit to
	  do any form of 'validation testing' for any and all
	  systemwide Changes sight unseen: when FESCo approves the F20
	  ChangeSet we will re-consider this issue and come up with a
	  realistic plan for testing what we can of the approved
	  Changes

TOPIC: Test Days
	* We were asked by dpal[1] if we can have an 'out of cycle'
	  test day for some planned FreeIPA enhancements to be added to
	  F19 as updates
	* We agreed there are no problems with an out of cycle test
	  day, we'll run it as always and append it to the F19 test day
	  schedule
	* Fedora 20 schedule may be quite tight so we should send out
	  call for F20 test days soon

TOPIC: Open floor
	* wwoods was looking for help triaging fedup bugs, contact
	  nirik to sign up
	* nirik will talk to anaconda team about doing regular
	  installer composes (again?)

Action items
N/A

1. https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/389