2013-03-04 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 04:58:35 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130304

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-03-11 at 1600 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the
meeting, please add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130311 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* adamw to push 'automatic blocker' proposal to production -
	  this was done[1]
	* adamw to try and gather a bit more feedback on blocker
	  process changes this week - dgilmore is okay with the
	  changes, no objections from devel or fesco
	* viking-ice or adamw to file a trac ticket for the smoke
	  test-for-spins idea - not done yet, put back on the agenda
	  for next week
	* tflink to take a look at the question of tracking qa tool
	  discussion and bugs/tickets and make a broad proposal about
	  what to do - proposals made[2] and discussion is underway
	  * We agreed to go with the simplest option of keeping one
	    trac instance and CCing ticket mails to the appropriate
	    list with the defaultcc plugin
	* viking-ice noted he is working on a proposal to replace trac
	  with rt[3]

TOPIC: Test Days
	* After discussion of the pros and cons, we decided to make it
	  clearer that test days can happen on any day (not just
	  Thursdays)
	* Other proposed topics left till next week

TOPIC: Open floor
	* jreznik changed the QA calendar for F19[4] to show blocker
	  meetings on Wednesdays
	* We noted that blocker bug meetings should be starting up
	  already, and discussed scheduling of RATS and TC composes

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to push the blocker meeting changes live this week
	* viking-ice or adamw to file a trac ticket for the smoke
	  test-for-spins idea
	* adamw to propose RATS/TC1 dates on the list
	* tflink to announce first blocker meeting for wednesday, and
	  get blocker bug tracker app ready
	* jreznik to pencil in QA changes as discussed
	* adamw to draft up changes to the test day process docs to
	  accommodate test days being on any day, test day co-ordinator
	  to ensure they're balanced out

1. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-February/114004.html
2. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-February/113997.html
3. http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/