2013-03-18 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 22 23:37:41 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130318

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-03-25 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the
meeting, please add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130325 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
        * jreznik to ink in the proposed image schedule, and add a Test
	  Day entry - this was done: QA[1], release engineering[2]

TOPIC: Fedora 19 Alpha status
        * We discussed the current state of F19 test images: potential
	  issues in image compose, dracut, selinux and
	  gnome-initial-setup, adamw and anaconda team investigating
	* We noted that both TC1 and GNOME Test Day images were
	  required soon

TOPIC: Criteria re-design
        * There was general agreement to give adamw's revised Alpha[3]
	  and Beta[4] criteria a try for F19

TOPIC: Test Days
        * We agreed to look at a fallback plan of building GNOME 3.8
	  images on Fedora 18 if workable Fedora 19 images were not
	  possible for the GNOME Test Day

TOPIC: Open floor
        * tflink would be AFK at Pycon much of the week

ACTION ITEMS
        * adamw to work with developers on getting F19 images to
	  bootable state
	* adamw to work out a fallback plan with desktop team if we
	  cannot get working images by Wednesday

1. http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-19/f-19-quality-tasks.html
2. http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-19/f-19-releng-tasks.html
3. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-March/114198.html