2013-05-27 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 27 22:47:57 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130527

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-06-03 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the
meeting, please add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130603 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
        * nirik to work on revising the 'desktop updates' test case to
	  be more generic - not done yet
	* martix to co-ordinate with Thermostat test day runners to
	  make sure they'll be ready or postpone the event - this was
	  done, and the event went off fine
	* nirik to remove F20 from bugzilla for now - this was done,
	  the few bugs opened were moved to Rawhide

TOPIC: Fedora 19 Beta review/wrap-up
        * 19 Beta RC4 will be released as Beta tomorrow
	* kparal will produce stats on contributors to testing
	* Common_F19_bugs[1] needs updating and we want to ensure the
	  issue with PackageKit permissions and a note on the current
	  state of initial-setup make the release notes

TOPIC: Fedora 19 Final planning
	* Final TC1 scheduled for 2013-06-04
	* Final freeze scheduled for 2013-06-18
	* Final release criteria need to be revised into the new format
	* We should complete the Final tests on Beta to identify any
	  current blockers ahead of time

TOPIC: Taskbot
	* Taskbot[2] is tflink's new idea for automated testing
	* jreznik noted that this should be synchronized with the
	  Fedora revamp proposal[3] and development resources may be
	  available in relation to that
	* Some discussion of the best way to structure taskbot design
	  and the work of writing it to be open to contribution and to
	  achieve practical results as soon as possible
	* Code is at http://taskbot.tirfa.net for now

TOPIC: Test Days
        * Test_Day:2013-05-21_AnacondaNewUI_Followup[4] went ahead well
	  and produced some useful results and some test cases we may
	  want to adopt into the validation matrices
	* Test_Day:2013-05-23_Thermostat[5] went ahead and produced
	  useful results, though mostly the development team was
	  involved
	* Test_Day:2013-05-28_Virtualization[6] looked to be all ready
	* Test_Day:2013-05-30_Spice[7] page skeleton was present but
	  test cases missing

TOPIC: Open floor
	* Flock[7] session submission deadline is 2013-05-31, so if you
	  have ideas for sessions, please submit them

Action items
        * adamw and anyone else to work on updating Common_F19_bugs[1]
	* adamw to talk to rbergeron and make sure packagekit/policykit
	  issue makes it into the beta release notes
	* adamw to complete 'new model' criteria revision by converting
	  the final criteria
	* tflink to update the iscsi test case for newUI
	* tflink to schedule first blocker review meeting for this week
	* adamw to look at extracting some test cases from
	  Test_Day:2013-05-21_AnacondaNewUI_Followup[4] for use as
	  optional test cases (or even enforceable partitioning test
	  cases) for the validation matrices
	* martix to ensure spice test day is ready on time
	* satellit_e to work on some test cases for SoaS

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F19_bugs
2. http://tirfa.com/an-initial-idea-for-taskbot.html
3. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-March/179337.html
4. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-05-21_AnacondaNewUI_Followup