Fedora QA Devel Meeting Minutes

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 17:17:18 UTC 2014

==========================
#fedora-meeting-1: qadevel
==========================

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-12-16/qadevel.2014-12-16-15.19.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-12-16/qadevel.2014-12-16-15.19.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-12-16/qadevel.2014-12-16-15.19.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll call  (tflink, 15:19:17)

* Status Updates  (tflink, 15:22:15)
  * local instance of buildbot with openstack latent buildslaves was
    working  (tflink, 15:25:33)
  * some issues with image maintenance and some concerns about
    complexity  (tflink, 15:26:13)
  * it'd be worth looking into other ways of cloud image customization
    that don't involve custom images  (tflink, 15:36:58)
  * phabricator on qadevel was upgraded yesterday  (tflink, 15:41:11)
  * still want to move the machine inside fedora infra, not sure when
    that'll happen  (tflink, 15:41:31)
  * turning off username/password logins this Friday  (tflink, 15:43:46)

* Planning - Fedmsg Integration  (tflink, 15:48:21)
  * kparal and mkrizek have expressed interest in working on fedmsg
    integration  (tflink, 15:58:52)

* Planning - Disposable Clients  (tflink, 16:05:13)
  * LINK:
    https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/qa-devel/2014-December/001038.html
    (roshi, 16:12:54)
  * LINK:
    https://cloudinit.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/examples.html#install-arbitrary-packages
    (roshi, 16:15:33)
  * cloud-init can probably do most of what we're looking for in a base
    disposable client image, may be a better option than custom images
    (tflink, 16:18:53)
  * we need a proof-of-concept implementation of the no-cloud approach
    before making a decision on whether to go forward with it  (tflink,
    16:49:17)
  * ACTION: tflink and roshi to figure out who's working on the
    timeboxed proof-of concept  (tflink, 16:49:43)

* Planning - blockerbugs  (tflink, 16:52:14)
  * will be ignoring blockerbugs features for now, focusing on bugfixes
    and el7 packaging. will revisit after the first of the year when we
    have a better idea of what's needed for taskotron disposable clients
    (tflink, 17:00:49)

* Open Floor  (tflink, 17:05:11)

Meeting ended at 17:07:23 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* tflink and roshi to figure out who's working on the timeboxed proof-of
  concept

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* roshi
  * tflink and roshi to figure out who's working on the timeboxed
    proof-of concept
* tflink
  * tflink and roshi to figure out who's working on the timeboxed
    proof-of concept
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)