2014-05-05 - Fedora QA Meeting - minutes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 5 17:01:03 UTC 2014

NOTE: I did send out a meeting announcement mail on Saturday with the
agenda included as usual, and I've checked it made it through my mail
server and on to Red Hat's, but it seems to have got swallowed somewhere
up the line and never posted to the test-announce list. I do apologize
for the mix up. A few folks showed up anyhow so we did a quick half hour
meeting, but because of the lack of an announcement mail, we
intentionally didn't discuss any major topics or make any important
decisions.

==================================
#fedora-meeting: Fedora QA meeting
==================================

Meeting started by adamw at 15:00:41 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-05-05/fedora-qa.2014-05-05-15.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
  * no significant topics will be discussed this week  (adamw, 15:11:25)

* Previous meeting follow-up  (adamw, 15:11:50)
  * "adamw to explain 'appliance images' and 'x86' for the new matrices
    (and Rawhide page, for appliance images), and look into issue with
    download.fp.o mirrors sometimes missing Rawhide boot.iso" - did both
    of those, wiki page updated appropriately  (adamw, 15:12:58)
  * "adamw to draft a test plan for Server product" - done as a test
    outline,
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_Server_test_outline
    , mailed to list  (adamw, 15:13:41)
  * "roshi to draft a test plan for Cloud product" - this was done as
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Roshi/QA/Cloud_Docs , roshi will
    be working with the cloud WG to move things forward  (adamw,
    15:15:15)
  * "FranciscoD to draft a test plan for Workstation product" - done as
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha/Workstation_test_outline
    and sent to test@ list  (adamw, 15:15:57)
  * ACTION: adamw to synthesize server, desktop and cloud test outlines
    to give a rough idea of required fedora.next test coverage and
    kickstart a discussion of how it should be organized  (adamw,
    15:17:59)

* Rawhide validation test status  (adamw, 15:18:16)
  * Rawhide validation testing is progressing smoothly and finding bugs,
    matrices for May have been posted at
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Rawhide_2014_05_Base
    and
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Rawhide_2014_05_Install
    , please continue to work on them!  (adamw, 15:19:27)

* open floor  (adamw, 15:24:55)

Meeting ended at 15:32:04 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* adamw to synthesize server, desktop and cloud test outlines to give a
  rough idea of required fedora.next test coverage and kickstart a
  discussion of how it should be organized

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* adamw
  * adamw to synthesize server, desktop and cloud test outlines to give
    a rough idea of required fedora.next test coverage and kickstart a
    discussion of how it should be organized
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------