[Ambassadors] APAC FAD Phnom Penh 2014 - the 2nd day minutes

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Mon Nov 17 01:52:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We got another wonderful day. It is the last day at FAD Phnom Penh.
It would be a big move of budget planning in APAC. Hope we can do
everything better next fiscal year.

We are also looking forward to reports, pictures, wiki, etc. to be
done and shared.

Please check out the meeting minutes here:

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2014-11-16/fedora-fad.2014-11-16-03.57.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2014-11-16/fedora-fad.2014-11-16-03.57.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2014-11-16/fedora-fad.2014-11-16-03.57.log.html

===================
#fedora-fad Meeting
===================

Meeting started by tuanta at 03:57:00 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2014-11-16/fedora-fad.2014-11-16-03.57.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* FUDCon  (tuanta, 03:57:26)
  * IDEA: (gnokii) it is best to have the location of the next FUDCon to
    announce at the current FUDCon  (tuanta, 03:58:35)
  * this topic would be back later  (tuanta, 03:59:14)

* Events and Activities in FY2016  (tuanta, 03:59:40)
  * Release Parties and some other events added, so the total planned
    now is $25,500  (tuanta, 04:00:43)

* Swags  (tuanta, 04:06:35)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/171   (zsun,
    04:14:33)
  * LINK: https://www.piratepad.ca/p/FADPhnomPenh2014   (alick,
    04:19:54)
  * keychain produced at CNY 2 ~ US $0.33  (tuanta, 04:28:59)
  * IDEA: produce swags in Red Hat Singapore for easier shipping it to
    other countries (similar to what EMEA doing)  (tuanta, 04:35:25)
  * ACTION: all ambassadors to come up with the cheapest quote for swag
    (siddhesh, 04:45:05)

* transaction fees for reimbursements  (siddhesh, 06:44:11)
  * estimated swag cost is about $9,500 and media cost is about $8,500
    then the total now is $43,500  (tuanta, 06:47:33)
  * IDEA: we should cut it down to a half by setting the priority for
    each item  (tuanta, 06:48:02)
  * ACTION: talk to FPL to get a letter that we are a non-profit, which
    paypal will accept to waive the transaction fees  (siddhesh,
    06:50:15)
  * ACTION: talk with FPL if we can get a US western union account that
    is attached to KageSenshi's credit card .. need a US phone number to
    register one  (KageSenshi, 07:23:51)
  * IDEA: opening another PayPal account for Izhar using his community
    card but an US account which includes the feature to cover
    transaction fees by sender  (tuanta, 07:24:43)
  * IDEA: other idea is we can collect all PayPal transaction fee
    receipts then get that difference reimbursed once per year  (tuanta,
    07:26:07)

* materials  (siddhesh, 07:38:47)
  * ACTION: ambassadors to coordinate addition of materials they have to
    the inventory list:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD:PhnomPenh_2014/Materials
    (siddhesh, 07:41:59)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/162   (zsun,
    07:47:39)
  * ACTION: tuanta to bring up branding for smaller
    contributor/developer related events at the FAMSCo meeting.
    (siddhesh): Call them Fedora Contributor Meetup or Fedora User
    Meetup?  (tuanta, 07:47:49)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/Reimbursement
    (tuanta, 07:51:59)
  * LINK:
    http://hortonworks.com/blog/openshift-v3-kubernetes-docker-hadoop-yarn/
    (KageSenshi, 08:52:14)

* Distributing Ambassador Polo Shirts  (tuanta, 09:04:06)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD:PhnomPenh_2014/shirts
    (tuanta, 09:05:00)
  * IDEA: ( siddhesh ) with some reserved ones for new ambassadors (in
    each country)  (tuanta, 09:05:30)
  * IDEA: ( gnokii ) EMEA send a new polo shirt for a new ambassador.
    He/she needs open a Trac ticket to request  (tuanta, 09:06:33)
  * IDEA: ( gnokii ) and in EMEA, ambassadors get a new one after each
    three years (because the old one is too old)  (tuanta, 09:07:25)
  * IDEA: ( siddhesh ) kick butt of vietnamese ambassadors  (KageSenshi,
    09:12:33)
  * ACTION: kicking butts of vietnamese ambassadors ;)  (siddhesh,
    09:12:42)

Meeting ended at 01:48:11 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* all ambassadors to come up with the cheapest quote for swag
* talk to FPL to get a letter that we are a non-profit, which paypal
  will accept to waive the transaction fees
* talk with FPL if we can get a US western union account that is
  attached to KageSenshi's credit card .. need a US phone number to
  register one
* ambassadors to coordinate addition of materials they have to the
  inventory list:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD:PhnomPenh_2014/Materials
* tuanta to bring up branding for smaller contributor/developer related
  events at the FAMSCo meeting.  (siddhesh): Call them Fedora
  Contributor Meetup or Fedora User Meetup?
* kicking butts of vietnamese ambassadors ;)

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* KageSenshi
  * talk with FPL if we can get a US western union account that is
    attached to KageSenshi's credit card .. need a US phone number to
    register one
* siddhesh
  * tuanta to bring up branding for smaller contributor/developer
    related events at the FAMSCo meeting.  (siddhesh): Call them Fedora
    Contributor Meetup or Fedora User Meetup?
* tuanta
  * tuanta to bring up branding for smaller contributor/developer
    related events at the FAMSCo meeting.  (siddhesh): Call them Fedora
    Contributor Meetup or Fedora User Meetup?
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * all ambassadors to come up with the cheapest quote for swag
  * talk to FPL to get a letter that we are a non-profit, which paypal
    will accept to waive the transaction fees
  * ambassadors to coordinate addition of materials they have to the
    inventory list:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD:PhnomPenh_2014/Materials
  * kicking butts of vietnamese ambassadors ;)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* zsun (64)
* KageSenshi (46)