2015-02-02 @ 16:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting - Minutes

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 21 01:59:04 UTC 2015

==================================
#fedora-meeting: Fedora QA meeting
==================================

Meeting started by adamw at 16:00:20 UTC. The full logs are available at http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-02-02/fedora-qa.2015-02-02-16.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (adamw, 16:00:27)

* Previous meeting follow-up  (adamw, 16:06:25)
  * "kparal to check in on Preupgrade Assistant feature, what testing is
    desired and how heavily it will be promoted" - the Change owner
    wants to tool to be promoted in official docs, but its impact is low
    (just an information provider) - we should check in on it later in
    the cycle  (adamw, 16:12:56)
  * "roshi and corey84 to try and work up some methodical testing plans
    for dnf" - this is a long-term job but so far roshi has been
    identifying areas where yum is currently used and trying to stake
    out a test scope  (adamw, 16:18:43)
  * "adamw to revise the package set criterion proposal again and move
    forward with multiboot proposal" - I went ahead and put the package
    set proposal in place last week, multiboot is still pending but
    pjones signed off on the tl;dr summary in that last email i sent
    (adamw, 16:20:43)
  * "adamw to document 'efibootmgr -n' workaround for failure to boot
    windows from grub with SB enabled (#1170245)" - did that,
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F21_bugs#grub-secure-boot
    (adamw, 16:21:28)

* Anaconda "test day" planning  (adamw, 16:23:48)
  * main focus of proposed 'test day' is to exercise DNF and check
    whether it's in good enough state to be used for F22, tests for
    anaconda's CI would be a useful by-product  (adamw, 16:37:53)
  * we will aim to set this up for 2015-02-12  (adamw, 16:38:25)
  * ACTION: adamw to organize/publicize anaconda/DNF test day  (adamw,
    16:39:13)

* Release criteria / test case revisions  (adamw, 16:46:20)

* Open floor  (adamw, 16:58:56)
  * some of the folks in RH's Brno office have been working on
    automating some of the release validation tests with OpenQA, and
    they've got quite a bit up and running already - code can be found
    at
    https://bitbucket.org/rajcze/openqa_fedora_tools/src/d48b884aa1244f5acbb9cad052f5b8a765cc08ad/tools/openqa_trigger/?at=master
    . we'll talk about it more next time!  (adamw, 17:03:32)
  * LINK: http://os-autoinst.github.io/openQA/   (kparal, 17:04:47)

Meeting ended at 17:05:50 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* adamw to organize/publicize anaconda/DNF test day

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* adamw
  * adamw to organize/publicize anaconda/DNF test day
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------