Summary/Minutes from today's FPC Meeting (2015-01-15 17:00 - 19:00 UTC)

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 19:01:32 UTC 2015

======================
#fedora-meeting-1: fpc
======================

Meeting started by geppetto at 17:00:43 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2015-01-15/fpc.2015-01-15-17.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (geppetto, 17:00:44)

* #476  Requesting copylib exemption for libgnome-volume-control
  (geppetto, 17:08:37)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/476   (geppetto, 17:08:38)
  * ACTION: No change in FPC opinion, static library packaging work has
    to fall to Budgie maintainer if upstream/gnome refuse to do any work
    (geppetto, 17:23:37)

* #490  Remove gcc, gcc-c++ and make from minimal build root  (geppetto,
  17:23:56)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/490   (geppetto, 17:23:57)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Exceptions_2
    (tibbs|w, 17:25:32)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/528   (spot, 17:43:04)
  * ACTION: tibbs We don't have the auth. to remove gcc from buildroots,
    tibbs has plans to write a policy change that better reflects
    reality  (geppetto, 17:45:47)

* #491  Bundling exception: libiax for sflphone on F20, F21  (geppetto,
  17:45:55)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/491   (geppetto, 17:45:55)
  * ACTION: Bundling for iaxclient-libiax on f20/f21 (+1:8, 0:0, -1:0)
    (geppetto, 17:49:52)

* #492  Reverse weak dependencies  (geppetto, 17:50:20)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/492   (geppetto, 17:50:20)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1353   (nirik, 18:18:16)
  * ACTION: We need documentation on how dnf and anaconda will handle
    weak flags, so we can decide what to do from here  (geppetto,
    18:31:52)

* Open Floor  (geppetto, 18:32:37)

* #481  static uids systemd-network, systemd-timesync,  (geppetto,
  18:36:26)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/481   (geppetto, 18:36:27)
  * ACTION: geppetto More questions about uscases, changing uid when
    switchroot happens, and scarcity of static uids  (geppetto,
    18:46:05)

* Open Floor  (geppetto, 18:46:16)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/395#comment:5   (tomspur,
    18:47:46)

Meeting ended at 18:58:55 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* No change in FPC opinion, static library packaging work has to fall to
  Budgie maintainer if upstream/gnome refuse to do any work
* tibbs We don't have the auth. to remove gcc from buildroots, tibbs has
  plans to write a policy change that better reflects reality
* Bundling for iaxclient-libiax on f20/f21 (+1:8, 0:0, -1:0)
* We need documentation on how dnf and anaconda will handle weak flags,
  so we can decide what to do from here
* geppetto More questions about uscases, changing uid when switchroot
  happens, and scarcity of static uids

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* geppetto
  * geppetto More questions about uscases, changing uid when switchroot
    happens, and scarcity of static uids
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * No change in FPC opinion, static library packaging work has to fall
    to Budgie maintainer if upstream/gnome refuse to do any work
  * tibbs We don't have the auth. to remove gcc from buildroots, tibbs
    has plans to write a policy change that better reflects reality
  * Bundling for iaxclient-libiax on f20/f21 (+1:8, 0:0, -1:0)
  * We need documentation on how dnf and anaconda will handle weak
    flags, so we can decide what to do from here

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* geppetto (163)
* tibbs|w (80)