gtk2 on epel won't be easy

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 10:11:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 10:19:09AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-mingw/2008-October/000001.html
>
> As the packages get added to Fedora CVS, I'm requesting EL-5 branch
> and building them.  Part of the reason is that oVirt _may_ wish to
> build a Windows client on RHEL/EPEL, and they have requested this.
> Another reason is that there seems to be interest from CentOS users.

The big question for EPEL-5 branches though is what version of the
packages to build for MinGW. For the Fedora release & rawhide branches
our plan was to have each MingGW build track the version + patches
of the corresponding native build.

If we apply that logic to EPEL-5, then we shouldn't be copying the
Fedora 9 mingw packages there - we should be -resyncing them to
match the versions distributed in RHEL-5.

Regards,
Daniel