man directory change (and other macro rewrites)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 17:38:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 06:24:44PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> this's because on fedora man pages in /usr/share/man while on
> rhel/centos (and older fedora releases) it was under /usr/man.

Hmm, that sucks ...

> of course since we delete all man and info pages i can simple delete
> these directories too. but the question why this happened? because it's
> hardcoded into mingw32-filesystem's /etc/rpm/macros.mingw32.
> wouldn't be these macros:

Probably the right thing to do is to pass the man directory explicitly
in configure, ie something like:

  %{_mingw32_configure} --mandir=%{_mingw32_mandir}

(or change the actual _mingw32_configure macro to do this
automatically, which is analogous to what the base RPM _configure
macro does).

In this case it doesn't really matter that much.  Just add an extra
line into the specfile to nuke the other copy of the manpages ...

Note that we don't really need to keep the same specfile in Fedora and
EPEL.  It's quite alright if they diverge from each other -- in fact
that's expected from the way that Fedora CVS works.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top