C++, exceptions, SJLJ, Dwarf2

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Mon Nov 10 18:29:42 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Anyone got any idea about this?
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/7cbjv/windows_cross_compiler_proposed_feature_for/c06ab3w
>
>   One question, for C++ do you use SJLJ or Dwarf2 exceptions? I have
>   switched the compiler to DW2 recently.
>
>   Also, one pitfall that has hit us, and that you need to avoid, is the
>   inability for C++ exceptions to cross DLL boundaries. You need to
>   provide support for that from the ground up, before you get too loaded
>   down with DLL's which can't support exceptions.
>
>   Here [http://inkscape.modevia.com/] is the stuff we use daily. The
>   compilers and "lib bundles" are located in win32libs.

it can be a real problem on windows (even for ms with visual studio).
what's the default format on windows? what's the format used by system
libraries? i look through his scripts and can't find any flag:-(
it'd be useful to know what kind of flags they use by default and may be
 use it. (and of course this means a mass rebuild of all packages:-()