RFC: mingw32-filesystem script rewrite [was Re: man directory change (and other macro rewrites)]

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 12:45:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:10:20PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> - mingw32-macros.mingw32 for a compact cflags,

Not sure what you mean by 'compact' ... Those CFLAGS aren't just
chosen at random, but picked to match as far as possible what is the
default for native Fedora packages.

Anyway, all will become clear when you post a patch.

> - mingw32-macros.mingw32 for a compact cxxflags, is there any proposed
> flags for c++ code?

No not really ... we tend to use the C flags for this too.

> i've google around a bit about the sjlj <-> dwarf2 stuff and for me it
> seems in the current mingw release it's already dwarf2 by default. so i
> always vote for use the upstream mingw's default.
> the main problem here is that we've to decided which version to use
> since if we wanna switch we've to recompile _everything_ as different
> packages won't be compatible with eachother.
>
> any comments?

Rebuilding all the packages is hugely time-consuming, so we need to be
sure we understand what we're doing before this.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v