std library - poco compilation problem mingw - fedora10

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 22:19:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 02:41:06PM +0100, Andrzej Horoszczak IDRA wrote:
> however I have windows mingw linking problem now - and I am afraid it
> might be a stupid question -
> do  I need to link anything extra under win32 ?
> (the application itself is build "natively" in windows mingw host
> environment, it just needs to link-in poco libraries)
[...]
> ..\poco-win32/libPocoNet.a(StreamSocket.o):StreamSocket.cpp:(.text+0x34b): undefined reference to `__Unwind_SjLj_Resume'

Looks like something to do with the different exception handling under
MinGW & VC++.  See for example:

http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/

I have no idea how to resolve this, but I believe it is the case that
we are using SJLJ exceptions in our compiler and libraries.

You may be able to make it link by searching our libraries for the
appropriate symbols.  Whether the resulting program will actually work
is an entirely different matter however.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v