NSPR & NSS in MinGW

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 13:38:08 UTC 2008

To MinGW users:

I've added NSPR (Netscape Portable Runtime) and NSS (Netscape's
security library) to the Mercurial repo, but at present neither of
them are really working.

NSPR - This builds if I use 'rpmbuild', but it doesn't build within
'mock'.  It's probably some very trivial difference, but I spent about
a day on it and just couldn't see what it was, so if someone else
would like to take a look, please be my guest.  (Note that just
building isn't enough - the problem is that it must build within mock
and yum).

NSS - Like NSPR, this has an on-crack custom build system.  Actually,
the build system is even more crazy than NSPR.  I had a go at this,
but it's going to take a great deal of work, probably even more than
the work I did for OpenSSL.

In the long term, I need both in order to add https:// URI support to
libcurl, which is a dependency for the oVirt standalone client.  In
the meantime, I'm working on a cut-down libcurl library which will
lack https and a few other features.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top