OCaml Windows cross-compiler

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Nov 15 22:01:02 UTC 2008

I got OCaml cross-compiling.  Only the native-code compiler is
supported, since I didn't think it was worth trying to get the
byte-code compiler to work (what's the point if you have the native
compiler?)

There are some OCaml libraries and programs already in the repository.
I'm working towards getting virt-top, virt-df and/or virt-ctrl to
cross-compile.

At the moment ocamlfind hasn't been ported.  Certainly one problem is
that many OCaml packages don't expect to have only a native-code
compiler.  They will expect to have only the byte-code compiler, eg.
for platforms which didn't have a native code generator, but not a
platform where byte-compiling is impossible.  In particular many build
scripts expect that 'ocamlc -c *.mli' will work.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top