-mms-bitfields

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 12:05:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:07:37PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:45:34PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> > hi,
> > imho it'd be useful to add
> >  -mms-bitfields              Use native (MS) bitfield layout
> > to the default CFLAGS for mingw. is there objection? of course i we use
> > mingw's gcc for all libs and dll than it's not a problem, but if we use
> > native or precompiled libs or dlls...
>
> There's no obvious downside to using -mms-bitfields, so its reasonable
> to enable it for all mingw stuff to give us compatability with MS
> layout.

Heh, well there is one downside which is I have to compile everything
over again (which takes 12 hours straight, but at least it's now
automated :-)  Before doing this I'd like to see the full patch to
mingw32-filesystem so we can decide what to do & do it in one go...

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v