Things to do for Fedora 12

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sun Aug 30 11:16:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Here's a status update from the things which have been done last week.

> Update GCC
> ----------

The update to mingw32-gcc-4.4.1-1.fc12 was pushed at Tuesday August 25.
The patches from mingw.org haven't been applied as we weren't confident
enough about what the patches do exactly and it's too late in the Fedora
development cycle to introduce experimental stuff.

> Update to libjpeg 7
> -------------------

mingw32-libjpeg-7-1.fc12 got pushed at Thursday August 27. Afterwards,
the packages mingw32-libtiff, mingw32-jasper and mingw32-gtk2 got
rebuilt (with some small patches to fix the typedef bug).

> Rename mingw32-pkg-config to i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config

As of mingw32-filesystem-54-1.fc12 a wrapper script
called /usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config has been added. To avoid
breaking earlier behaviour I've kept the wrapper script
mingw32-pkg-config for now.

> Debuginfo subpackages
> ---------------------

Several packages got debuginfo support last week, but there a still a
number of packages which don't have debuginfo support yet.

Here's a list of packages which still lack debuginfo support:

mingw32-SDL
mingw32-bzip2
mingw32-dlfcn
mingw32-enchant
mingw32-fontconfig
mingw32-freetype
mingw32-gdbm
mingw32-gettext
mingw32-gnutls
mingw32-gtk-vnc
mingw32-iconv
mingw32-libgcrypt
mingw32-libgpg-error
mingw32-libltdl
mingw32-liboil
mingw32-libpng
mingw32-libxml2
mingw32-libxslt
mingw32-nsis
mingw32-pdcurses
mingw32-physfs
mingw32-plotmm
mingw32-pthreads
mingw32-readline
mingw32-termcap
mingw32-zlib

If your package is among this list, please update it.

> Update to openssl 1.0.0-beta3

This was quite a tough one to tackle (due to a messy build system), but
with the help of Kalev Lember we managed to get it packaged and
operational. It has landed in rawhide last night and the dependent
packages of it (mingw32-opensc, mingw32-libp11 and mingw32-libssh2) got
rebuilt successfully.