KOffice cross compilation

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 30 20:57:44 UTC 2009

LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> So far I noticed that there is Qt package in repositaries
>
> mingw32-qt.noarch
> mingw32-qt-qmake
>
> So I suppose I don't have to build Qt.

Unfortunately, the current mingw32-qt is built without some components
required by KDE (notably QtDBus, we also don't have a mingw32-dbus yet), so
you'll need your own.

I've had success in the past (I haven't tried it for a while, but it should
still work) with filling a buildroot with the MinGW binaries from the kdewin
project and using that.

1. Fetch the ZIP files you need from:
http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/stable/4.3.0/
AFAIK, the difference between the "mingw" and "mingw4" packages is that
mingw uses SJLJ exceptions (and GCC 3.4, but that's binary-compatible with
GCC 4.x), mingw4 uses DWARF2 exceptions.

2. Mass-unzip them to an empty directory.

3. Set up your cross toolchain to look in that directory for libraries etc.

        Kevin Kofler