submiting mingw32-libssh2 for review

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 20:06:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 08:34:19PM -0200, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> Hello Richard.
>
> do you have plans to submit mingw32-libssh2 and other packages for review ?

Hi, as you might have seen I've been away/on holiday this week.

The answer for mingw32-libssh2 is probably 'no'.  And no for many
other packages which are in the Mercurial repository[1] but not
submitted for review yet[2].

The reason is just that I alone cannot possibly maintain all of the
(70+) MinGW packages.  Therefore I am trying to encourage others to
take responsibility for packages that they care about, by submitting
them for review, shepherding them through the review process, and
finally taking them and maintaining them in Fedora.

If you would like to do this, you don't need to ask me.  Simply pick
any package which you care about, and submit a Fedora review request
yourself (the general process is described in [3]).

All development tools and libraries in the Mercurial repo are
candidates for reviews.  End-user applications are not allowed into
Fedora -- these are marked by having a file "NOT-FOR-FEDORA" in the
repository directory.

Rich.

[1] http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel

[2] http://www.annexia.org/fedora_mingw and
    http://tinyurl.com/cks8lr

[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)